Install a site-local Drush
- It is recommended that Drupal 8 sites be built using Composer, with Drush listed as a dependency. That project already includes Drush in its composer.json. If you Composer project doesn't yet depend on Drush, run
composer require drush/drush to add it.
- To run Drush, navigate to your Drupal root and call
- If you want the convenience of calling
drush instead of
../vendor/bin/drush, copy the examples/drush.wrapper file to your Drupal root and modify to taste.
- If you want the old convenience of being able to call
drush from anywhere, see drush-shim.
- See Usage for details on using Drush.
(Deprecated) Install/Upgrade a global Drush
# Download latest stable release using the code below or browse to github.com/drush-ops/drush/releases.
php -r "readfile('https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.drush.org/drush.phar');" > drush
# Or use our upcoming release: php -r "readfile('https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.drush.org/drush-unstable.phar');" > drush
# Test your install.
php drush core-status
# Make `drush` executable as a command from anywhere. Destination can be anywhere on $PATH.
chmod +x drush
sudo mv drush /usr/local/bin
# Optional. Enrich the bash startup file with completion and aliases.
||Compatible Drupal versions
||D6, D7, D8